|In a short span of Five years, Pushpagiri Eye Institute has recorded significant achievements and some of them are given below….
- Over 1,10,000 out-patients have been treated out of which 85,000 (77.7%) have been free of charge.
- 11,430 surgeries have been performed, of which almost (5,500) were free of charge.
- Over 25,000 school children have been screened and more than 1000 pre mature children screened for Retinopathy of Pre maturity.
- Screened more than 7000 school children by conducting Eye camp in 101 Government Schools as a part of arrangement with Lions International.
- A total of over 350 comprehensive eye camps were organized, mainly in rural areas where over 71,000 patients have been screened and treated free of charge.
- Have treated more than 24,938 patients till date under Sri Rajiv Aarogyasri scheme of Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Have performed 3,482 surgeries free of charge under the Sri Rajiv Aarogyasri scheme of Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Established of Cornea Collection Centre which has been registered with Eye Bank Association of India.More than 100 Corneal Graft Surgery has been performed
- PVRI is conducting research in association with NIN & ICMR and other internationally reputed eye-care organizations.
- Numerous CME programs, seminars and Conferences have also helped to spread and share the knowledge amongst eye-care professionals.